Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thanks

It’s that’s time of year when Keith and I want to thank you all for taking part. If you won some dosh, then congratulations, if you didn’t then you only have yourselves to blame! Seriously the N&R FL would have long been consigned to the dustbin marked ‘things that we used to do but got bored with,’ if it wasn’t for you guys. We take great pleasure in the fact that we have some of you taking part in this since the late 90’s and also that each year we get interest from new players. One of whom this season swept up winning the first ever N&R double. Well done Neil.

At one time in the history of the N&R FL, both Ready and I lived abroad, Keith is now back (mostly) in London but we have found this a great way to stay connected with old mates and also to meet new people in the market. I am not bullshitting when I say that every time I receive an email or a text from an N&R FL manager, it makes all this worthwhile.

Thanks also to those that take part from the US, I know you all think this is American Football, which probably explains a lot, but again it means a lot to me that you continue to take part alongside all of us Brits with bad teeth.

And finally huge thanks to Mark Simmons for providing the weekly scores and storing all the information that keeps the N&R FL nicely ticking over. Mark lost his laptop in Poland a few weeks ago and we didn’t miss a beat.

Thanks again and I hope to see as many of you as possible on August 4th at the end of season drinks.

Nobby & Ready xx

No comments: