Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bermuda Triangle

Just back from a short break in Santa Fe in New Mexico in what my other half called a 'Baby Moon,' yep that means she's in the club and I am to be a Dad again, if you had not heard. We are due in October and yes, I am very tired, showing nicely, eating everything put in front of me and got a real craving for very good red wine!

Santa Fe was very nice, lots of history with a laid back gait. We ate in some excellent restaurants and had a nice break together for probably the last time in a decade or so. Gulp. We stopped off on the way back in Atlanta - sorry James, I would of - but we were too busy shopping for cots, strollers, nappies, bottles and clothes as you can buy bugger all in Bermuda.

Bermuda is good, we've had a lot of rain recently, as the island naturally catches up from a water shortage after it being dry for over a month. Paul Long, a N&R FL manager from Chicago was in for the weekend recently and that was fun, plus my parents were here for 3 (THREE) weeks before that. I am pleased to say that I avoided killing them. And my son comes here for a fortnight at the end of July, which I am very excited about. He lives with his Mum in Kent, for those that didn't know.

Work has been manic, but it dramatically slows after July 1st. The market ain't what it was supposed to be but after almost a year in the job, we are doing pretty well and I can only be pleased.

It is amazing how much more time we have on our hands now, our life in Chicago was pretty full on and I used to travel like a bastard. In fact last week at the airport, I'd completely forgot what to do and walked through security with my belt on, and loose change, wallet, keys and Blackberry in my pocket! I have become the bloke I used to hate!

I do and don't miss the travelling but believe me one needs to get off this lilliputian island often as it can strangle you. I suspect I will be away a few more times before the baby comes, including a trip back home to London.

I trust you are enjoying the half decent London weather, and you lot up there in Chi Town - has it stopped being cold yet?

Take care all, happy summer.

No comments: