Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Quotes of the week

"I proved in League One and Two that I was the best manager, and I now feel that I am ready for the next level. I believe I am at a stage now where I am a Premier League or Championship manager."

Paulo Di Canio who has driven his car from Upton Park round to the Madjeski Stadium in light of Brian McDermott's sacking at Reading

"There is no way he will ever be allowed to move on, because that is not the way Sir Alex works. Wayne has been our regular goalscorer - and he scores fantastic goals. Not only that, he has an influence on the rest of the team."

Sir Bobby Charlton forgetting that no one is really interested in what he has to say.

We do not care who we get in the quarter-finals."

David Villa of Barcelona after their 4-0 win over Milan. And why would they?

"David James has been excellent for us, I cannot speak highly enough of him. Unfortunately we've had to make some difficult calls. Financially we've had to re-adjust things, and re-align things at the club and this is is part of that. We thank David for everything that he's done for us and we wish him well in the future."

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe on 42-year old David James who has left the club due to some financial cut backs.

"Unfortunately I am getting used to this, we have played three games away from home in a week. The first game was terrible, then we were by far the better team at Bolton and lost 1-0 and today if anyone said Barnsley deserved to win then I should retire. The good thing is the only people to blame is ourselves. It's not the opposition, the pitch, the referee or the weather. We have another nine games and we'll see. We'll try our best."

Brighton manager Gus Poyet after losing at Barnsley.

No comments: