Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bermuda Triangle

How am I doing? Well alright, work is actually very challenging but as some of you will remember I found an NTU quite challenging back in the day! Life is good although despite the freezing cold temperatures in London and Chicago (minus 20F) at the moment I have been quite homesick for both places recently.

Bermuda's 'winter' is actually upon us.... quite a bit of rain, bit chilly in the evenings but still mid 60'sF, it does make me laugh when the locals bang on about how cold it is - I've never seen so many Helly Hanson and North Face ski jackets! Remind me, when I start to moan about the weather, get me the fcuk of this desert island!

I have (don't laugh) been taking up golf more seriously and have been having tennis lessons (we have a court in the garden) and I've fancied myself as a bit of a Martina Navratilova without the biceps and so far I am really enjoying it.

I am starting to settle though, although the whole "It's Bermuda" thing does get right on my tits. Poor service, a lackadaisical attitude to almost everything and a general malaise to the real world plus the fact everything is so ridiculously expensive. A couple of carrots needs a friggin' mortgage.

Anyway the sun is out and from my home window I can see the sea and a nice looking boat bobbing on the water (not mine), we have some good friends coming around tonight to drink some nice wine (surprisingly reasonably priced here) and I'm playing tennis tomorrow. But hang on Charlton have just been THRASHED AGAIN!

No comments: