Monday, June 16, 2008

Thank You

And that ladies and gents, boys and girls is it. Thank you for taking part in the 12th Nobby and Ready Fantasy Football League. Thanks to those of you that have been there since the beginning - a lot has changed. An equally big thank you to those that we have picked up along the way.

I suppose with my imminent move to Bermuda (my visa has arrived, that little incident with a cleaner at the telex machine seems to have vanished from my records), the N&R FL will change again. But it will certainly be back in August, the fixtures for the new season came out today, so it seems like a good day to wrap this thing up. Below you can read to your hearts content, the winners, the losers, the also rans, some other crap, maybe a laugh or two, and I also reprinted some old My Kinda Towns and I enjoyed reading through those. Any suggestions for some Bermuda posts? My Kinda Shorts perhaps? I will think of something.

In the meantime a huge thank you all - as I have said before the FL is one of my little ways of keeping in touch with the London market and in the future a way to keep in touch with certain friends in Chicago. Work sometimes gets in the way, but I love writing this stuff, so I'll just keep on typing away until no one wants to play!

It's also a nice way for me to keep in touch with Ready. I think it's a shame that some of you have never met him, because he is one of the funniest people I know.

Anyway before I get all dewy eyed, as is customarily Keith and I will host a summer end of season piss up, when we will dish out some prize money and a couple of trophies and sip a few gin and tonics. I haven't a firm date yet but I'm hoping for early August in the city. We will confirm shortly.

Take care and enjoy the summer.

No comments: