Friday, September 14, 2007

Letters

These are actual letters that appeared in Sports Illustrated the other week. I think the phrase which includes arse, get, head, out and of comes to mind.

"If I invite David Beckham over to the house to watch paint dry on the walls, will that make it more exciting? I don't think so. Soccer in the United States was boring before David Beckham, and it will be boring with David Beckham."

Steve Shaeval, Woodland Hills, California

"Every few years we go through something like this. That Hamm woman was going to make us a soccer nation. Some US team or other winning a few games or other a few years ago was going to do it. Now Beckham is going to change our lives. Please. Neither I nor any sports fan I know would walk to the window if they were playing the world series of soccer in our front yard. I'm not demeaning the game, I'm just ignoring it. Please let me do so in peace."

Alfred Munsell, Laconia, New Hampshire

No comments: