Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My kinda town

On my return to the office after one of my exotic trips (Kansas City I think?), I found a box and a note on my desk. It was a Blackberry box and a note from my boss saying: "I think you need one of these so I know where the hell you are." Nice.

Initially I kept it in the box for a few days, more out of spite than want but eventually I turned it on and had a little play. Now, those that know me well enough know that I'm quite fond of little gadgets, Ged in my old team for example, was a very useful executive stress toy. However, I refused to get myself wrapped up in this 'Crackberry' thing. Fuck I thought, leave work at the office.

Then, one day as Brian Dougal was talking to me in the office, I noticed that I was thumbing through my new found toy at his desk. After he stopped talking I looked up and he said: "I used to get 20% concentration out of you, and now with that thing it's going to be more like 5%."

Of course it doesn't help that Brian hasn't got big tits, this of course would grab my attention. But, his theory is becoming reality. I found out that this little Blackberry is a bit of a treasure, it gives me access to the worldwide web all day long, blogger, emails from mates, oh and work stuff too. I even have developed a blister on my right thumb where I have been a bit over anxious with the tracking wheel!

I think I'm becoming addicted man. What with my brian being frazzled by mobile phone over-use, I'm now going to get repetitive strain injury to my thumb. Then let's not even start on my insurance liver and beer gut!

So, I'm thinking that if only someone clever can magic up a mobile casting couch and that fit blonde that sits up the corridor from me, then I would never ever have to go in the office again. Thanks boss.

No comments: