Friday, December 30, 2005

My kinda town

I always have trouble getting my Mum a birthday card because they only have 'Mom' cards here. I kind of get used to that because the stupid Yanks can't spell, but what really gets on my goat is Christmas cards.

Could I find a card that said Happy or Merry Christmas on it? Could I diddly. 'Happy Holidays' cards shout. 'Have a wonderful Holiday time' they say inside. Fuck that, holiday to me means a flight, a few beers, some sun and a lie down, not Santa Claus, figgy pudding, holly and the ivy or mince pies.

This country has gotten so ridiculously politically correct that they were even calling the Christmas trees, 'Holiday trees'. What's a fucking Holiday tree. Where do they grow?

Of course the reason American's are afraid to celebrate the real reason of Christmas is that they are frightened to upset minorities, such as Muslims. When the Yanks suddenly started to worry about the welfare of Muslims I never know. "Oops, we musn't pull that Christmas cracker in earshot of that Muslim chap." they say. "But hey we can truly fuck up one of their historic countries for ever, now that's alright, sure...."

Today celebrating Christmas is not just about religion - blimey Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the red-nose reindeer, brussel sprouts, jingle bells were not mentioned in the bible are far as I know, so if people don't want to believe in it, then fine..... get out of the fucking shops and back to work.

And in the meantime America, give us back our Christmas, this PC thing is getting out of hand.

No comments: