Thursday, December 01, 2005

My kinda town

I’ve been fucking busy at work recently, the market here is much harder after the 400 hurricanes that the US has had this year.

There has been a ton of charity shows on television recently rightly raising money for their own people to rebuild homes in Louisiana and other coastal states. But what absolutely amazes me is that they are building these new family houses out of timber.

Now I know I’m a boring old insurance professional (ok, the professional bit is a lie) but you would of thought that once bitten twice shy. From what I saw on the news, timber framed homes in Louisiana and Florida blew away in 140mph winds so do they not learn anything? And if I remember from my Lloyds test, timber framed homes have a more than what is considered normal chance of burning down.

I don’t understand it, just like I don’t understand why if for some reason you own a mobile home (bit like your caravan PK), why do the owners park these mobile homes in the middle of fucking nowhere. They settle in wide open plains or near coastal towns and then are left to scratch their heads when the slightest bit of wind blows the fuckers away. Mobile homes in my mind are just that so why don’t they move them to a place where they are less likely to suffer tornadoes and hurricanes?

No comments: