Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Gazza sacked by Kettering

Paul Gascoigne has been sacked by Kettering because of his drinking. The modern day George Best was in charge of the non-league for just 39 days. Gazza was manager of Kettering we followed them in the N&R Road to Wembley.

Gazza fired a broadside on his way out of the door saying "The chairman wants to sack me but I said I will never walk away from Kettering Town. I will fight all the way. I am now looking to buy the football club"

Meanwhile Kettering's new owner Imraan Ladak said "If you are a recovering alcoholic there is no reason to drink but Paul thinks it is OK. He feels I should have done more - but I have had conversations with him he can't remember because he was drunk."

Don't you get the feeling that in 15 years time we will be watching highlights of Gazza's sublime skill, while he lies dying in a West London hospital? Very sad.

No comments: