Saturday, October 22, 2005

My kinda town

I was in Dallas Wednesday night, well actually I was staying at a hotel within the Dallas Fort Worth airport, which is 40 minutes from downtown and quite frankly it was scary!

I was mooching around the hotel trying to find a place to get a beer and a sandwich, although of course you won't find a sandwich in Texas. Not unless you call 2 loaves of bread, half a cow and a bucket of french fries a sarnie.

Anyway, I came across this big room with music and people hanging about outside with cowboy hats on. Curiosity took me inside and, well I actually videoed it with my phone to make sure I wasn't dreaming, but there were around 300 people up on a dance floor with full cowboy paraphernalia on line-dancing!

And this was not as I discovered a fancy dress party or anything, this was Dallas on a Wednesday night!

No comments: