Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Summer Solstice

The time between the play-off's and the pre-season seems to get shorter and shorter, what with international friendlies at the end of May and ridiculous exhibition games overseas at the very beginning of July.

The summer has seen a real uplift in work for me as I get more involved in my accounts and work on a lot of new opportunities that have come out of the Spitzer Settlement. That git Spitzer has definitely made the whole "process of broking" different forever. So much of my job is now admin, and only goes to squash the entrepreneurism that is in all of us.

The summer in Chicago has been fantastic, with weather consistently in the 80's and 90's. I have been doing a load of travelling, mainly on business, here in the USA and abroad. A couple of weeks back I was holidaying in the Middle East. A very unique experience and which more can be read about here and here.

I also spent an enjoyable night in the company of the latest London Market ex-pat Barry Paull. It was very funny to walk into a bar in a New York hotel to hear "Oi Nobby" shouted across the room!

I have also stumbled across Tim Jones whilst working on one my accounts. Tim used to be at XL in London but the big Fulham fan went to work for them in Australia. It is a small world....

As I mentioned earlier I am collecting memories of visits to godforsaken places across middle America. I am sure some of these stories will spill out onto some My Kinda Town postings this season.

It seems London has got back to some kind of routine after the 7th July bombings and the further attempts 2 weeks later. Londoners will never worry about those tossers who try to interrupt our lives in the most brutal way.

For regular stuff on my doings in Chicago, check into www.chicagoaddick.blogspot.com if you are ever bored.

Since my hols I have been travelling on business and am currently in Bermuda. last week I was back at home (working) and it was great to see some of you for a pint last Thursday in Valentes. Once I get back to the windy city and put my passport away for a few weeks I will update the weekly scores and write some more stuff on the N&R blog.

Enjoy the season and the last few weeks of the summer.
Nobs

No comments: