Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The blog

This season of course N&R went all modern and started the nobbyandready.blogspot.com. 9 years ago we used to hand out the weekly table down the Elephant, then as the newsletter grew we started posting out the weekly updates. In fact I remember once when the postroom in Portsoken Street picked me up on it. "Submissions," I said. "You wouldn't understand," I told the miserable old postie. "They are very boring!"

There was a number of reasons why I started the blog. I already had my own, and the boys that I used to work with will tell you that under my old Aon profile on the intranet I had 'Internet' as one of my expertise! Ok, it was my only expertise! God knows why and who put that down but it used to make everyone laugh.

The blog would also allow me to be a bit more, how can I put it? Blunt, and I hoped it would circumnavigate around any nasty IT police. This didn't work as AIG, Zurich, XLRe and Aon in the UK all blocked it, which is a shame. They all get a word version instead.

One down side was the lack of comments on the blog, which hopefully we can improve on next season as the newsletter is meant as a notepad for conversations not just me ranting and rambling on about stuff.

Nevertheless the fact we had 2,600 individual visits from 46 managers (it doesn't count my views) shows it was a fantastic success. Thanks to everyone that emailed or told me that they enjoyed it. It makes it all worthwhile.

During the summer I might put the odd thing on there but it will be back again proper in time for the new season.

No comments: