Thursday, March 10, 2005

Letters & things

A little note from Mike Robertson that made me all sentimental....

I saw Ready in the RSA yesterday - Ah memories of Lloyds Chambers....
Christmas Party.. a venue at the top of the Minories.. Drunk.. Ready on top of me.. Gibbo on top of him..right hook... ouch my back hurts.
Cheers

Robbo

And it's the 150 tomorrow. Avoid Rob Munden at all costs, he is a ginger pest at those events. In fact the 150 also brings back cracking and terrible memories. There was that fucking awful news reporter who basically got booed off stage. When will they learn that people are not there to listen to the in's and out's of contingent business interruption and some old 'd' celeb talking bollocks, they are there to catch up with old muckers and get trollied.

One year I got into a red wine drinking race with Matt Grimwade and Paul Knight and we were on some big nobs RSA table at the front and we were hoovering red like no tomorrow. Anyway we kept knocking glasses of the table and were giggling like schoolgirls and getting daggers from the old duffers on the stage.

That day I also had a bit of a primary with Ready - 7 pints of Wife Beater and a pizza (I'm sure it was the dodgy pepperoni!) and all I remember was being woken up by a black cab driver in West Malling, 120 notes on the meter and getting indoors to the ex her-indoors and her being nice to me for once. That was until I threw up in the downstairs khazi! I spent the whole of the weekend redecorating the bloody bathroom! Never seen so much red vom in my life. Oh well, I will be thinking of those of you that will be attending tomorrow night. Have fun, avoid the boring twats and anyone ginger staggering around with a glass in his hand and a Leeds United lapel badge.

Cheers
Nobs

No comments: