Thursday, February 17, 2005

Ready's Benfleet Bet - Late Results

You may remember that way back me & Ready asked you to scribble your 3rd Round FA Cup predictions on an email and send them to us. Well 29 of you did and many apologies for the delay in giving you the results. I really don't know how you have been sleeping at nights?

So here we go, here are the final placings with points scored (with additional comments from Ready)

1. Soozie 40
2. Barry Paull 35
3. Nigel Tatlock 34
4. Lee Day (Shrek) 33
5. Doyley 31
5. John McGowan 31
7. Carl Dillaway 30
7. Bondy 30
7. Rob Munden 30
10. Oakers 28
10. Nobster 28
12. Lupo 27
13. Dan Matthews 26
13. Ged (guest) 26
15. Chris Waterman 25
15. Rob Beere 25
15. Giles Crowley 25
18. Mark Dewberry 23
19. Dan Rose 22
19. Dom Barrett 22
21. Godders 21
21. Kennett (Shrek's little brother) 21
23. Singleton 19
23. Rutter 19
23. Robbo 19
26. Plummer 18
27. Francey 17
28. Ready 15
28. Ben Graves 15

So Sooz takes the title and 25 quid is hers. Congratulations young lady.

I know it was a long time ago so here were the 3rd Round scores.

Ready's comments: Can you believe Soozie won it? After all these years of trying? And just to prove I don't cheat I came equal last with Ben!

Martin Singleton had some very strange scores - Leicester to beat Blackpool 10-0 (Preston not caring much for Blackpool may have had something to do with his judgement) but he also had Tottenham and Chelsea to win 6-0 and 8-0, Liverpool to win 8-0 (close but no cigar) and Luton and Brentford to draw 9-9 (what the fcuk was that all about?). He still managed to beat me by 4 points though! I spent literally hours studying the form coz I had nothing better to do and came stone last. Better stick with the gee-gee's.

There doesn't appear to have been any breaches in rules either which is unusual bearing in mind the intelligence of the lot that entered. I didn't check that closely though, only the ones in with a shout of winning.

As a special bonus prize to Sooz I'm prepared to lick a lite carton of Haagen Daz Raspberry Ripple ice cream of her raspberry rips!! She knows my number!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see that even nobbing about I managed to beat not only you but several others. Outrageous must be the motto for next year.

Ps just been for a Curry with Tony O'Connell and he has brilliant story about his vibrating bollock! I haven't laughed as much in ages!