Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Magic Roundabout

Ok for our American friends, an advert for Britain's film of the year - you can stick Ray and Million Dollar Babe - The Magic Roundabout.

It has already hit the big screen at home and I am championing for it's release in the Windy City.

I quote from the website, "Pathe UK, the distribution company behind the monumental animation hit Chicken Run have resurrected the 1960’s cult TV show ‘The Magic Roundabout’ for the big screen. With an incredible all star British line up including Robbie Williams, Joanna Lumley, Jim Broadbent, Bill Nighy, Ian McKellen , Ray Winstone, Tom Baker and pop sensation Kylie Minogue, this all time children’s classic, is due for national release as a full length, CGI animated feature on February 11th 2005."

I didn't know Kylie was British but we will take her anyway.

This is how the cast lines up:

DOUGAL - ROBBIE WILLIAMS
FLORENCE - KYLIE MINOGUE
ERMINTRUDE - JOANNA LUMLEY
BRIAN - JIM BROADBENT
DYLAN - BILL NIGHY
ZEBEDEE - IAN McKELLAN
SOLDIER SAM - RAY WINSTONE
ZEEBAD - TOM BAKER

Clearly Brian Dougal, Suzie Syrett, Rob Beere, John McGowan, Giles Crowley, Tony Hepburn and James Bird were unavailable.

Has anyone seen it yet? Come on, don't be shy, next time I'm back me and my mates have it booked in.... sorry did I say my mates? I meant my son, obviously!

No comments: