Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Letters page

I get a lot of emails from managers - which is nice. No bastard ever uses the comments section on the web page which is what is supposed to happen but ho hum.

Here are a couple received today:

Simon,
Happy New Year and Merry Christmas.
After a complete hammering in the press it is time for further changes to Defoe's Golden XI. It is unfortunate that Defoe's Golden XI hasn't experienced a turnaround in fortunes similar to that of my beloved Tottenham Hotspur. Although with the transfer window now open it gives me a chance to hack out the injury prone old duffers and replace them with an equally poor bunch of losers in a desperate effort to reach my target of one above the re-election zone, which would be quite an accomplishment without any Gooners.

Mark Dewberry.

Mark - did you read at the weekend about Jermain Defoe dumping his agents SFX? Yes, he wants more money and a "bigger team". He has been at Tottenham (finished eight places below Charlton) for a year after dumping West Ham for a "bigger team", five years after he dumped Charlton for a "bigger team" (West Ham, relegated 2003). Judas-ism is alive and well in the Jewish stronghold of North London I see? Nobs

Dear Nobster
Young, not anymore 28 this year.... shocking!! Oh yeah I'm still pushing me chest out..... cheeky!!!
Soozie Syrett

Right lads, get around to Apex Re and give me a status report. Nobs

No comments: