Friday, October 29, 2004

My Kinda town

This is basically an average day on the news channel here in the Land of the Free:

"Welcome to today's news program. These are the local headlines. Someone got shot, a house got burnt down and there's more corruption in our City. The National news headlines are we have no flu vaccines so we are going to panic, the 2008 Presidential Election campaign starts next Wednesday, I-raq, I-raq and I-raq, Famous film star bares top of her breast at awards night - it's disgusting and I-raq. Also apparently someone was killed in Afghanistan - wherever and whoever they are?

In Sport, shock, horror as American champion athlete tests positive for taking drugs, Cubs lose, Bears lose, Bulls lose, Blackhawks would have lost but the players are on strike.

Today's weather will start in the 80's, turning colder by lunchtime with 10 inches of snow by dinner time (which of course is pretty much all day!).

And finally, the World news. Oh, there is no World news today, although according to sources close to the royal family, i.e. Fergie, Prince William farted this morning when he awoke.

Thank you and God bless America."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi CHicago addick - I am a Winnipeg addick, but have an office in Chicago and get down frequently ... if you want to get together for a beer sometime I can be found at max@gctc-mst.com Max Johnson