Saturday, October 30, 2004

Just a thought....

I was back home last week, catching up with a few people which briefly included Danny & Lee before they embark on their tour to Thailand to see Ready pops. Sweats asked me if I was going to do another Thai diary commemorating their trip. I did this before when Lee last visited Keith and I will try to rekindle the tales of complete filth, debauchery & excessive jism once they are in Lamai.

I did for my sins attend the Carling Cup game against Palarse on Wednesday and lost my voice in the progress. I have seen the Addicks play live a few times this season at both the Valley and on the small screen in my local pub here and they are looking worryingly shit. More of my rantings can of course be found at Chicago Addick.

It was the first time we had played Palarse since we went up and it was a bit naughty outside the ground although the goings on at The New Den and Stamford Bridge clearly overshadowed the small number of incidents outside the Valley. The funniest thing for me - because I know the two Barry's, Giles and John are laughing their tits off - was that our resident fat bloke pitch announcer got sacked after he made derogatory comments to our visitors before the match.

What is happening to our game? It is getting so bloody PC and it is ruining the game we love, particularly in the Premiership. Not sure if anyone saw this article but it is an excellent piece about the state of our national pastime and it is not all the bed of roses that Sky TV & Arsenal fans may think it is.


No comments: