Sunday, September 19, 2004

My kinda town

The Ryder Cup victory was sweet wasn't it? Even more sweeter living here I can tell you. I'm looking forward to picking up some bets at work tomorrow, unfortunately no one was stupid enough to offer me odds despite my best efforts. My boss and Brian Dougal played Oakland Hills recently with a client and I reckon they played it better than the American team and don't worry golf will be a topic of conversation for weeks to come! I may even consider replacing the St George on my office door with the European flag - nah, maybe not.

Monday should be fun as we have a couple of boys from London in the office - 'Lord' Laing & 'Chaka' Khan who some of you know. I guess the Yanks will be buying dinner Monday night? Then Tuesday evening I'm at the Chicago White Sox for my first visit to US Cellular Field (nee Comiskey Park). I've taken the Cubs to my heart though so I'll be cheering the opposition, the Minnesota Twins.

During the golf today I noticed once again the proliferation of adverts for erection pills. Apart from lard, I reckon this is the most advertised product on American TV. What is it with the people here? Perhaps if they weren't so fat they would be able to see their stiffy's? Now, you would have thought these adverts would be restricted to late night TV but they're not. I can kind of understand it when they appear in between The Bachelor or even Queer Eye For The Straight Guy (because I'm a metrosexual see) but during the morning repeats of The Cosby Show. No that is so wrong.

No comments: