Thursday, September 09, 2004

My kinda town

I'm at home this morning waiting for some furniture to be delivered which has allowed me some additional time to get rid of my hangover received after lunch yesterday - yes you heard that correctly, I said lunch. It was quite a session, you London Market boys would have been proud. We began at 11.45am (I told you before that these American's get hungry early) and wrapped up at about 7.45pm when strange sounds instead of words started to come out of my mouth.

I remember getting home and trying to watch the tennis and making myself a sandwich, cutting my finger on a knife in the process (there was a lot of claret in the kitchen this morning - not the kind of thing you want to see with a bastard hangover) and then waking up at 10pm with my contact lenses in. Nice.

I need to share with you a recent annoyance. American money. This morning for the umpteenth time recently I peered into my wallet and saw a nice stack of notes and thought I was loaded until I realised - when I had to pay for something - that they were all poxy $1 bills. Why don't they make the different denominations different colours or different sizes or even both eh? Jeez.

No comments: