Tuesday, September 28, 2004

My inbox

This appeared in my inbox today and thought I would share:

From the son of Evil Kneivel, Hamilton, Bermuda.

Yes,
4.5 days and I wrote off the bike... Friday 11.59pm at a fork in a road on my way home after grocery shopping. left is home, right is also home... straight ahead is the kerb and a wall about 1 foot wide... nuff said...

Think I knocked myself out for about 10 minutes and decked the bike... my first post crash memory is actually on the stretcher being taken into the ambulance although whether I picked myself up and got on there voluntarily is a different matter, however after only 2 hours in the hospital for a check up they let me go... (gave me a tetanus jab for good luck) so lack of memory aside - It cant have been that bad or else they'd have kept me there for longer.

The old bill gave me a ticking off and left. Anyway, cant remember the incident at all (which is why I think I must have knocked myself out or else my subconscious is hiding the shame) and was told all of the above by officers 2359 and 1579 respectively. All very exciting really...

Got away with a bruise on my left knee and a scratch to the nose where I appear to have used it as a brake ! Everything else is fine... can only assume that ninja-like i jumped from the crash and then passed out in the excitement thus injuring my nose as i toppled over. Although the dull thud in my head and lack of memory of the incident itself leads me to suspect my ninja training was not used during the course of the night. And being only 100 yards down the road from the petrol station where I was shopping which (I can remember) I know that I wouldn't have managed to get up any speed on the piece of rubbish they let me hire during that distance so thankfully I couldn't have been travelling that fast.

Went and found the bike on Sat and the front was all beaten up... Phoned the hire shop and went and collected another on Sat afternoon... then came back to the flat and slept for 12 hours... in a game of medical top trumps... I reckon mild concussion beats insomnia hands down.

Went out for about 5 hours on the thing Sunday though and have got my confidence back. In work this week and apparently there are two types of scooter rider... those who have crashed and those who have yet to crash so hopefully I've got mine out of the way... and I don't need a tetanus jab for another 10 years so lets be positive eh!!

No comments: