Sunday, February 24, 2013

Quotes of the week

"We shouldn't be ashamed of performances but I was ashamed of mine and the team's against Swansea. We need to show great attitude and commitment." - QPR's Christopher Samba

Oh well Samba old chap, only another 232 weeks of your contract remaining at a £100,000 a piece!!

"I don't give a hoot what they're doing personally. If it's within the rules, it's within the rules. Let them get on with it. We've played against a better team than us who have played within the rules of the game. You won't get me moaning about it."

Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy on Watford's 10 loan players on their books from Udinese and Granada - teams who are also under the umbrella of Hornets owners the Pozzo family - as well as Standard Liege's Geoffrey Mujangi Bia.

What they have done this season is absolutely outstanding and I think this final this year will remain in history, a small part because of us and a large part because of Bradford,"

A class statement from a class manager. Swansea manager Michael Laudrup.

"The atmosphere in the stadium and the reception I got was pretty incredible both before the game and then when I came on. It makes it easier when you win. There was slight nerves. I have always said it was a big challenge, since I signed for Paris. Playing in America for six years and then wanting another challenge meant there was a little bit of pressure. But I enjoyed coming on."

David Beckham after his debut for PSG which included helping set up a 2nd goal against Joey Barton's Marseille.

"I had two goals and it's not every day you get the chance for a hat-trick at Wembley so I wanted the third but I didn't get the chance and that was that."

Swansea striker Nathan Dyer, talking about the mini-tantrum he threw when Jonathan de Guzman refused to let him take the penalty, in comic scenes which added to the gaiety of an already splendid occasion.

No comments: