Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thank you

I must admit this season has been one of the hardest in keeping up with the scoring and the blog. There are a number of reasons for that and to be honest I have had the occassional moment when I thought.. Why?

But I know why. It is why when I go into the city that I still have so many friends, likewise in Chicago. After being away from the London Market for 8 years it is great that so many people remember me and there I was thinking it was my insurance prowess!

In my mind the N&R FL preceeded Facebook and has been a wonderful way of keeping in touch with people and making new mates. So thank you to everyone for taking part and especially those that email, text and call to say hello, give me titbits of gossip and news and to say thanks.

That just leaves us to say a few thank you's to end on. It seems like a long time since we were first introduced to Mark Simmons (that's because it was!). Mark agreed to do all of our scoring for us as the N&R FL grew bigger and it was becoming impossible to do it manually. Without Mark's time, support and software the N&R FL would have ben consigned to history a long, long time ago.

The popularity of the league has never waned and in fact has got bigger as the years go by and what Keith and I particularly like about it is the new friends we meet as well as all the old friends that we have playing, some of whom have been with us since the beginning way back in 1996.

A big thank you to all of you guys who make the effort so worthwhile. Congratulations to all the winners, tough titty to the losers but thanks to you all for playing. I will see you all hopefully in London and Chicago soon.

Keith and I hope you and your families all enjoy the summer.

Nobby & Ready

No comments: