Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Old friends

I spent a night in the City of London last week. I flew back on a whim to see my Mum, who is recovering from a heart operation, and whizzed up to the smoke from the south-coast to have a pint or three with my partner Ready.

We put the world to rights over a couple of Nelson Madela's and were joined by sporadic N&R FL manager Stuart Kilpatrick, and the first N&R married couple Soozie and Ryan Saveall. They were off to see Robbie at the o2, Kilpo apparently was going to a black-tie event and Ready and I were not finished.

We headed into wind and drizzle and walked to Leadenhall Market where, shock, horror, we bumped into Godders standing outside a pub with a Bud in his hand.

We then moved around to a very busy Swan where I was thrilled to bump into ex N&R FL champion Jonathan Poole. He was sharing a jar with Francey and his new boss Jason Harris, who was looking very fetching in an all in one lycra number. Francey looked disappointed that his new work-wear was not pink but yellow, but dress codes can't please everyone. I have to wear long socks and shorts!!

JP, Francey and I talked at length about Charlton and Brighton and tucked away a few more pints of Peroni. Keith and I then moved around to The Moon and was amazed that Rutts wasn't in there, but we talked to a few other faces and we'll apologise now if we saw you and blanked you, or worse spoke to you because by then it was all a bit squiffy!

No comments: