Thursday, November 01, 2012

Letters

Preston Pie Munching IT guru Martin Singleton has blamed his time spent in Scotland as the reason for his N&R FL rubbish-ness. Anyone agree with him....

Dear Nobby and Ready


As my league position shows I have been paying scant attention to the FL this year, mainly due to the fact that I am spending half my life in Scotland, locked away with a load of IT geeks, and haven’t the time for useful things like this.

The question I wanted to put to you is that I have begun to wonder if simply being in Scotland for much of the time means that my team has somehow acquired a certain Scottishness about it i.e. losing all the time, being bottom of the group and with no chance of further progression? Perhaps Alex Salmon’s ridiculous spoutings on independence have something to do with it too? Or, it’s perhaps something more trivial like all those sessions down the Lamb have made me cr@p at picking FL teams!

At the end of the day I am sure it’s the taking part that counts and this will be of immense comfort to the Scottish football team as they fail to qualify for yet another world cup.

Best wishes to all.

Martin

No comments: