Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Week 5 overview

The week that many of us felt bad to the bottom of our stomachs knowing that for 23 years I know I felt the Scousers were mostly to blame for 96 fans dying at a football match. We now know that is not true, and I don't expect I was alone in thinking how many times in the 70's and 80's I stood on a crushed terrace behind a goal with people falling, swaying and slipping around me and it could easily have been one of us.

It is all too late now for the victims and their families but the police, the FA and Hillsborough all need to offer some form of sincere apology and I hope that cnut Kelvin McKenzie chokes on his cornflakes every morning for the rest of his life.

Week 5 looked like this:

Monday 17th September 2012
Everton 2-2 Newcastle

Sunday 16th September 2012
Reading 1-3 Tottenham

Saturday 15th September 2012
Sunderland 1-1 Liverpool
Arsenal 6-1 Southampton
Aston Villa 2-0 Swansea
Fulham 3-0 West Brom
Man Utd 4-0 Wigan
QPR 0-0 Chelsea
Stoke 1-1 Man City
Norwich 0-0 West Ham

No comments: