Thursday, February 16, 2012

What's in a team name

No.5: Travelodge Kettles - Huw Thomas

This is my favourite from the current season.

Huw used to work with Keith Read.... yes one and the same. I'll leave it to Huw to explain his team name choice:

"A lesson that I learned very early on in my career with Ready was no matter how much you fancy one, never EVER have a cup of tea at a Travelodge as there is a fair chance that at some stage the kettle would have received a healthy dose of Keith's early morning piss."

"On one memorable occasion, we were checking out of the Reading Travelodge the morning after a strenuous night out and (Ryan) Sav asked a bleary-eyed Ready if he was feeling ship-shape as he wasn't looking all that flash. After taking a few seconds to clear his head, Keith replied that he really wasn't feeling the best, he had realised that things weren't looking promising when he woke up and "I could hardly focus to get my cock in the kettle".

Brilliant!

No comments: