Monday, August 17, 2009

Bermuda Triangle

So how was your summer, mine was hot. Been watching the cricket? Massive test starting on Thursday at The Oval, anyone going? Oh and how are those frustrating Cubbies?

This week I am back in Chicago and it feels good, rarely does a day pass when I don’t think of this wonderful city and I am hoping to catch up with as many people as possible and emerge myself fully in the Windy City this week. I leave on Friday for New York where I will meet my pregnant other half for probably our last weekend away alone for some time. Then we will be at the Pilot Pen pre-US Open tennis tournament on Monday in Connecticut before heading back to Bermuda on Tuesday.

Bermuda’s okay, I don’t think I will ever love it, one can take the boy out of the city but you can’t take the city out of the boy. It is beautiful, N&R manager Paul Long will tell you that, he stayed with us during the summer but it is small, very small.

Work has been quiet, for most people on the island July and August signals vacation time or a period for ex-pats to go back to their homelands, oh and watching the hurricane activity!

It was good to see a lot of you in The Lamb the other Monday night. I appreciate you coming out on hardly the most sociable of work nights. Keith and I carried on a bit later (that 8am flight to New York was a flippin’ killer) and held an impromptu extraordinary N&R FL board meeting at this lively establishment. The only problem was the ladies who insisted on climbing up on to the table why we were trying to conduct business!

Enjoy the rest of your summers.

No comments: