Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Letters page

Received a couple of good emails recently:

From Richard 'Razor' Nathan
"Dear Nobby, love your work by the way. Hope u're doing well. Went to the Northern BIIBA dinner last Friday, and was chatting with Neil Razor Ruddock in the bar after his highly entertaining after dinner speech. I mentioned that we shared nicknames as he drank his way thru another gallon of Magners. Later when I was on the way to my room, I saw in him the hotel foyer and called over 'G'night Razor', to which he responded, 'G'night Razor' - seemed to make losing part of my weekend worthwhile.
Richard"

The Northern BIIBA dinner, shit you must have done something really bad to have to go to that.
From Ian Kennett in Paris
"Dear Nobby, love your work. Just woken up, I am in Paris and was at the game last night (Sat v France) and as a fully fledged egg chaser it was one of the best nights of my life:
Ferry crossing £40
Train ticket £60
Match ticket £300
The look on the French faces at the final whistle PRICELESS

Got 2 tickets for the final this morning from a sad Frenchie :), the current Mrs Kennett will be distinctly unamused! Not sure the liver and wallet will withstand another week (the final will be my 5th game!)

CRY GOD FOR JONNY ENGLAND AND SAINT GEORGE

Ian"
I asked Ian if he was taking his missus to the final, surprisingly he chose his 20 stone (280lb) mate over the current Mrs K.

No comments: