Saturday, November 11, 2006

My kinda town

Something that has always made me smirk in my time here is American’s attitude to ‘British food.’ Its crap apparently and this fleeting comment of course never comes from people that have visited the UK but from people that don’t actually own a passport!

It’s pretty rich from a nation that queues up for nothing other than popcorn and McDonalds. It’s kind of rich coming from the home of the microwavable 1 minute dinner. And it’s kind of rich from a nation that can’t even make a decent ruby.

I was in my local supermarket the other day and was seeing what I could have for dinner and I came across these – A sausage wrapped in a chocolate chip pancake! Are you sure?

Can you imagine that? What do you do with it? Recently on the daily spoof news show The Daily Show, hilarious presenter Jon Stewart said: “America continues to push the envelope of what can technically be defined as food,” and suggested that whilst you nibble of the sausage on a stick, you can hold a stick of butter with the other hand. Yum!

No comments: