Friday, June 09, 2006

Thank you

10 years eh? It's been fun, sometimes time consuming but always fun. In 1995 after the Daily Telegraph had been running a fantasy league for a season or so I like others decided to set one up, got a few people interested and here we are. Just 8 teams, companies in fact, took part in the first ever N&R FL in 1995 and people like Godders, Danny Rose, Singleton, Kennett, Oakers and Crowley are still playing today.

Writing this takes me some time and is always an indication of how busy I am but I can always find time to write down stuff thats in my head although recently I have been so frickin' busy that time has been a rich commodity. And then Blogger has been a real pain in the arse the past few weeks too. I wrote a whole poxy article on each manager the other night and then Blogger fucked up and lost it all for me. Oh well, you lot will never know how funny it was!

It's the World Cup starting today, my first living outside of the country. The people and the media here are surprisingly quite up for it, but it's hard to explain to them what it is like back at home, or even in the tiny villages of Africa or shanty towns of South America or the hectic streets of Tokyo. They don't get it, which is a shame. I was reading the other day a newspaper article which sounded truly astonished that the World Cup will have more television viewers than the Superbowl. Why is that? Well, it's the game that we gave the world, it is the world's game. The beautiful game.

I intend to see as many matches as possible. They kick off at 8am (breakfast), 11am (lunchtime) and 2pm (afternoon tea) here so there could be a lot of "meetings to go to." I will be writing all kinds of poop on my blog about the World Cup, so pop by at www.chicagoaddick.blogspot.com

So finally, a big thanks to everyone for taking part, congratulations to the winners, tough titty to the losers and of course an extra big thanks to Mark Simmons for doing all the scoring.

I have said before that the N&R FL is a vein between my old life working and living in London and my new one here in Chicago. Thanks for keeping in touch, it means a lot.

See you all on the 27th.

Come on England!

Nobs

No comments: