Friday, May 19, 2006

Billy Davies given permission to talk to Charlton

Very glad that Peter Taylor has pulled out of the race for the Addicks job, phew. What I read into this is that he wasn't going to be offered it and therefore to stop further bridges having to be built on Humberside Charlton and Taylor agreed on this press release.

That Adam Pearson fellow sounds like another Simon Jordan. Billy big Bollocks with a gob to much but a rather small brain.

Even more scary than Taylor would be Mick McCarthy whose Premiership record is not much better than mine, i.e. he has won 2 games and me just 2 less.

I did perk up this morning when my tip Billy Davies was given permission by his chairman to be interviewed by the Addicks on Monday. He has done a great job at Preston as he did at Motherwell prior to that and he's extremely well thought off. He reminds me of Curbs 10 years ago but with a bit more steel. Sorry Martin, but he's my man.

Phil Parkinson, Adrian Boothroyd, Sammy Lee and Paul Jewell are other names still being mentioned in dispatches. Supposedly England coach and short-arse Lee is due to meet the Charlton board this weekend too.

No comments: