Wednesday, May 04, 2005

My kinda town

I have a reasonably open mind as those that know me will attest. And I am all for equal opportunities and the like - at the end of the day I really don't care if we employ blondes or brunette's as long as collars match cuffs. I am rather particular in that regard.

So, I was pleased to see that Aon in the US had announced new National Business Networking Groups. Chance for me to further my career and raise my profile I thought. So, I opened the link to see which one of these new groups a Brit living and working in Aon Chicago could join. This was the choice:

1) African American
2) Asian /Pacific Islander
3) Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender
4) Latino
5) People with Disabilities
6) Women

I re-read it a couple of times and to be quite honest I don't think I qualify. How shit is that? What about a group for hetrosexual white blokes from Britain. Should I complain, or will I get the tin-tac?

I tell you what though, I think I will go to the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender meeting just to see who is there because there are people who work in this building who just really aren't the full ticket, if you know what I mean?

No comments: